Shower Panels Vs. Ceramic Tiles - What to Choose?
Ensuring that you get the proper wall covering when it comes to your bathroom is crucial not just for the functionality of your bathroom but also for its appearance. When it comes to ceramic tiles, they have been the choice of people for a long time. However, you cannot just rely on that alone as a testimony to their being the best. Wall panels have proved to be pretty effective alternatives to their counterparts, i.e., ceramic tiles in bathrooms. However, how should we decide which one is the best? Let us check out!
Features of A Shower Panel
There are several advantages to choosing a shower panel. Let us check out some of the features of shower panels that will help you make your final choice!
- Shower panels are modern and stylish.
- They have high water resistance.
- They are easy to clean.
- They are completely waterproof.
- They can be sized and customized as per your needs and requirements.
- You can install them on top of your existing tiles.
- They come in several attractive designs.
- They are extremely attractive and enhance the aesthetic appeal of your bathroom space.
- They do not take up too much space in your bathroom. This is because they are extremely compact which makes it even easy to remove as well as install them.
- Moreover, when you buy a shower panel, you can rest assured that it will be effortless to transport due to its compact size.
The best advantage of shower panels is perhaps that they complement any bathroom decor and design. Therefore, you do not need to make extreme changes to the decor to fit the shower panel in your bathroom.
Features of Ceramic Tiles
Let us now check out the features of ceramic tiles so that it is easy to make a decision and choose the right fit for you!
- They are water resistant.
- They are not completely waterproof. After a period of time, it lets water pass through when the grouting breaks down.
- They are not modern nor stylish.
- They are difficult to install and requires you to remove the entire thing to install new ones. Moreover, the process is very messy and leads to a lot of dust, so you need to clean up a lot after its installation.
Overall, the only advantage that ceramic tiles have is also available with the wall panels. So, it is up to you to decide which one would work best for you.
What to Choose?
As is evident, both wall shower panels and ceramic tiles are good wall coverings and can prove to be the right fit for your bathroom. That said, as opposed to ceramic tiling, shower panels are incredibly low-maintenance, stylish as well as durable. In addition to that, their ease of use beats that of ceramic tiles which is why they can make for a better option between the two in a bathroom space. Finally, it all depends on your requirements as well as budget. That said, wall panels are definitely the wiser option between the two!